Our Mission and Our Aims
At Sheffield Girls' we aim to bring out the best in all our girls and encourage them within a happy, structured and caring community to develop their personal and intellectual talents to the full, leaving school as strong, open-minded, confident young women.
We are committed to ensuring that talented and academically gifted girls from all backgrounds have access to an education at this school. We ensure that these opportunities are available through providing bursaries and running an active outreach programme.
Sheffield Girls' is a caring, happy and supportive community where traditional values are combined with dynamic and forward-thinking teaching.
We aim to:
- create a welcoming, stimulating and happy environment in which girls enjoy learning
- encourage each girl to develop her full potential
- provide lively teaching and foster independent learning skills
- offer girls rich opportunities for creative, personal, spiritual and emotional growth
- help girls to value friendships, develop moral integrity, a sense of social responsibility and respect for themselves and others
- develop successful young women who will make a positive contribution as citizens within a global community
- educate girls in how to keep themselves safe and healthy
- attract, retain and develop a body of teaching and support staff who can identify with and promote the School's core purpose
- maintain, develop and expand the School’s facilities and accommodation
- provide access to academically gifted girls irrespective of financial situation through provision of bursaries and maintain our position as the top school in South Yorkshire
The school's approach also reflect the values of the Girls’ Day School Trust. These are:
- Put the girls’ interests, happiness and wellbeing first at all times
- Encourage each girl to be the best she can be and reach her potential
- Work together productively in School, within our family of schools and in the community
- Share inspiration among ourselves and with others
- Take risks, push hard and overcome setbacks
- Do things in a new way
- Have a go
- Have fun
- Always do the right thing.
Be open, honest and accountable