We are celebrating outstanding GCSE results with almost half of all entries awarded the top grades of A*/9/8.
In Mathematics, Sheffield Girls’ celebrated with over a third of students achieving the prestigious top grade 9.
It was also a successful year for Sciences with 80% of grades at A*/A in Biology, Physics and Chemistry. And in the first year that GCSE Geology was introduced, pupils achieved 100% A*/A grades.
Language students excelled in Spanish, German, French and Latin where 80% of grades were A*/A and in Chinese where 100% of students were awarded an A*.
Commenting on the results, new Head Mrs Nina Gunson said:
“The results in Maths were outstanding with 35% achieving the top grade 9.
“This grade was introduced to differentiate top achievers and to inject more rigour into the qualifications, so to have more than a third of students achieve this is absolutely amazing.
“Nationally, last year, just 3.5% of students sitting GCSE Maths achieved a grade 9 so we have blown that statistic out of the water.
“The results are a real credit to the students and teaching staff.
“Our vision is to prepare girls to take on the world; providing them with an all-round education which allows them to be fearless in realising their potential and fulfilling their purpose.
“As well as the academic side, these pupils have taken advantage of a wide range of extra-curricular activities.
“Students have grasped these opportunities with both hands and we have seen this year group achieve accreditations from national sporting champions to being participants in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme and community outreach programmes.”
An amazing 17 girls are celebrating achieving a minimum of nine subjects at the top grades of A*/9/8:
- Joanna Crapper from Oughtibridge
- Monique Devaux from High Green
- Francesca Docker from Penistone, Barnsley
- Rosie Down from Buxton
- Ayanah Ewusie-Nelson from Woodseats
- Tia Hardcastle from Hillsborough
- Adithi Harikrishnan from Lodge Moor
- Amber Haywood from Worksop
- Emma Lin from Ecclesall
- Himanshi Mehra from Sheffield
- Esme Morcom from Crookes
- Lucy Pirzada from Hathersage
- Nethmi Piyadigamage from Chesterfield
- Namitha Punnoose from Barlborough
- Sneha Shiralagi from Chesterfield
- Georgia Sibley from Broomhall
- Elinor Thomas from Nether Edge
- Georgia Wigglesworth from Rotherham
- Libby Woodhouse from Fulwood
Almost all of these girls will now go on to continue their studies at Sheffield Girls’ - which last week showcased a 100% pass rate at A-level.
- Adithi Harikrishnan from Lodge Moor is singing from the rooftops with a spectacular set of results. She achieved 10 GCSE grades A*/A/9-7. Adithi is a dedicated musician performing in and leading many of the school’s vocal ensembles and choirs.
- Twins Naomi and Selena Palmer from Norton celebrated together with their stream of top grades.
- Emma Crookes celebrated her fantastic results with her family and her junior school headteacher Vanessa Langley from Arbourthorne Community Primary School who was delighted to see how well she'd done.
- Netballer Annie James from Broomhill scored in the classroom with a stellar set of GCSE results. Annie achieve 10 GCSEs at grades A*/A9-6. Annie was selected earlier this year for the England U17 Netball Squad at the Netball Europe Competition.
- Sisters Matilda and Ellie Murphy from Hathersage are delighted with their results. Matilda is celebrating her haul of A*/9/8 grades. Her sister Ellie received ABB in her A-level results last week and will go on to read Archaeology with Forensic Science at the University of Exeter.
- Sneha Shiralagi from Chesterfield is celebrating with straight A*/9/8 grades. She has won an academic scholarship for Sheffield Girls’ Sixth Form which is awarded to the top academic performers who sit a general scholarship paper as part of their entry to Sheffield Girls’.
- Monique Devaux from High Green achieved an outstanding 10 GCSE grades A*/9/8. Monique has been awarded the Chemistry scholarship at Sheffield Girls’ Sixth Form.
- Libby Woodhouse from Fulwood is dancing with delight at her straight A*/9/8 results. Libby is an outstanding dancer and runs a number of dance clubs within the school as well as performing herself.